Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Halloween Hairdos: Monster Eyes

A little while ago I had a post called "Infinity" and this is just exactly that hairstyle with some fun things added to it.
(Please refer to that post if you need step by step instructions.) 
First you are going to need some eyeballs.  These are little glow-in-the-dark eyes that I cut in half.  I got these at the dollar store but I've seen them all over the place.  Poke a hole on the side of each one and feed bobby pins through them so that each eye has two bobby pins. 
 Once you've finished the "Infinity" hairstyle you can just pin the eyes right into the middle. 
We also grabbed two green pipe cleaners and wrapped them around a pen to curl them.  (Only wrap 3/4 of the pipe cleaner because you will need the rest to stick down into the hair.) 
 I tried to get a picture of the eyeballs glowing in the dark but the camera didn't like it much and the pictures were very blurry. 
My princess loved this hairstyle!

3 comments:

Beth said...

So neat! I love all these halloween hair styles, they all look so cute. Now, to convince my little girl that she really does want me to do her hair today...

Miss Val's Creations said...

I found your blog through Rena's newsletter. You are so creative! What fun Halloween accessories!!!!

Julie said...

Thanks guys, it's nice to have positive reinforcement!