Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pot O' Gold

This one is officially my favorite St. Patty's Day hairstyle! You will need some rainbow colored ribbons, a black nylon, and some gold coins glued to hair pins.  
Begin by making six small Pull-Throughs along the bang line on the left side of the head. 
 Now tuck a colored ribbon through each individual elastic so that there are two equal lengths of one ribbon coming out of your Pull-Through.  (You want the very center of your ribbon to be folding through the elastic.)  
 Use the two equal lengths of ribbon as two strand of your braid and the hair from your Pull-Through as your third strand for your braid.  Now create a regular 3-Strand Braid out of the ribbon and each Pull-Through.  Have your princess hold each braid while you pull the rest of the hair tightly down into a low side ponytail on the right side of the head. 
Add the braids into the ponytail using a second elastic - making sure that your braids are slightly wrapping around the left side of the head.  Trim off any excess ribbon so that no more than 1 inch of ribbon is hanging out of the elastic.
  Create a bun out of your ponytail.  We've done this by using a bun mold but you can also do a regular Twist Bun or a Braid Bun.  Now fit the black nylon over the bun and secure it in place by wrapping a clear elastic band over the top of it and around the back of the bun.  (You may need to cut any excess nylon before doing this.) 
Take a black ribbon and wrap it around the bun and tie a bow on the top of the bun. 
 
Now grab your gold coin hair pins.  You can use as many as you like and they are very simple to make.  Just hot glue a hair pin to the backside and you're set to go. 
 
Tuck them into the hair just above the black bow and there you have a Pot O'Gold!

10 comments:

cata said...

cute, cute, cute!!!!

Brooke said...

AH-MAZING!! I will have to try it out tomorrow! It's okay that it's a day late, right? Cuteness like that just can't be ignored! I did a shamrock hairdo today on my daughter that I wasn't all that impressed with! :(

Diamond said...

Love, love, love this! We did Shamrocks today, but MUST remember this for next year.

Julie said...

I know, I'm so sorry I didn't get this posted sooner! We did a shamrock today as well, it will be posted tomorrow. :)

Jill said...

Cutest St Patrick's Day hair do I've ever seen!

Beth said...

So creative. I love it, my daughter may just let me put the rainbow in her hair.

MotherDiva said...

That is AWESOME!!! I absolutely love it. I just used St. Patrick's Day ribbons and bows on my girls, and did some cute braid-y stuff, but nothing that said "holiday" but it's style alone. Will *definitely* have to try this one!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE ThiS!

Anonymous said...

kobe shoes
supreme clothing
yeezy
off white shoes
supreme clothing
curry 8 shoes
jordan 1
adidas yeezy
off white shoes
off white shoes

Anonymous said...

golden goose
off white outlet
supreme clothing
yeezy
russell westbrook shoes
a bathing ape
kyrie shoes
jordan 6
yeezy boost 700
kyrie 7 shoes