Monday, April 11, 2011

Upside Down Updo

I love this hairstyle because it works perfectly for dance recitals and we have lots of those around here!
I start with wet hair and have my princess lay on her bed with her head hanging over the edge so I can braid upside down.  Begin by parting the hair horizontally across the middle of the head - from ear to ear.  Clip aside the hair that is up by the face and only work with the half by the neck. 
 Create a French Braid and when you've gathered all the hair from the bottom half of the head just finish off the braid and secure it with an elastic. 
 Pull the hair on the top half of the head tightly into an elastic and create 2 Regular 3-Strand Braids. 
 Now wrap all three of your braids around each other and secure them all down with bobby pins. 
Make sure that your loose ends are tucked underneath the wrapped braids. 
Spray it with hairspray for a nice tight hold.  We also sprayed a bit of glitter in her hair for the performance.
  Add some flower clips wherever you like and it's finished!

3 comments:

Truman Family said...

My daughter is having her first recital soon and this looks PERFECT for the special occasion! Thanks for posting it. I would love to see a video of how you wrap all three around to make the bun if you get a chance.

Truman Family said...

I did a trial run through of the hairdo today and it came out great. I just need to get better at hiding those bobby pins.

Julie said...

I've got to seriously figure out how to get this video to computer thing figured out so things are easier for you guys. For some reason I cann't get my files to save as mpg but I will work on that. I'm glad it turned out well for you! :)