Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry & Bright

Princess Piggies wants to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and we hope that your season is "Merry  & Bright" just like this hairstyle!  You may recognize this style from our title as you enter our blog.  We've gone ahead and spruced it up just a bit for the holiday!
I found these awesome little LED lights at Walmart and they came with a little battery pack.  This hairstyle is best when you're going out caroling or to see some lights because you'll want to have a scarf to wrap around your princess's neck to not only hide the cord but also to hold your little battery pack in place.  (My daughter just had it in the hood of her shirt here and then wore a jacket over the top with a scarf wrapped around her neck.)
The instructions for the original hairstyle, "Crossed Hawser Braids," can be found here.  I'll give you some brief updates for illuminating it as well.  :)
Once you've completed your Crossed Hawser Braids you will want to grab your strand of lights and begin poking the up through the under side of the braids.  try to keep your wires either under or behind the braids.  Don't worry too much about the wires that are hanging out below because those will get covered.  Remember to leave the end connected to the battery pack accessible and coming out of the middle.
Now you will want to grab a stretch band or wide ribbon to hide your wires with.  We've used a stretch band here and just wrapped it around the two side of the Hawser Braids and over all the wires in the back. 
 I was worried that the hairstyle was becoming heavy but my princess said that it wasn't heavy or bothersome at all.  Tuck your battery pack into either a hood or scarf, turn your switch on, and you are ready to go for a night out!
My princess wore her hair like this when we went out to see some lights and people were just as impressed with her as they were with the scenery! 
We will be back with some fun new posts at the beginning of the year and will be taking a small vacation until then. 
Happy Holidays Everyone!

12 comments:

Shawn said...

It's so funny that you did this, because I used the same LED lights (white ones from Target) in my daughter's hair for her school party. I just braided them into her hair and made a bun. Then, I pinned the battery pack (I put it into a little mesh gift bag) to the back of her shirt. She was a huge hit at school! Happy holidays!

Jill said...

Love it!!

Julie said...

Shawm, if you're on FB, I would love to see some pictures! Go to "Princess Piggies" and you can post them on the wall!

Honeyandhair said...

Can I pin your hair style pictures on my wall at pinterest? They are just so cute, I love them!

Julie said...

aboslutely! Feel free to pin anything you like!

jobexpertpk said...

stunning
https://jobexpert.pk/

Selectmytutor said...

This is really fascinating, You’re an excessively skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and stay up for searching for more of your wonderful post. Additionally, I’ve shared your website in my social networksHome Tutors

jhonathan said...

This year, Pakistani lawn clothes were seen being tailored with embellished necklines and plain hemlines. Making your dress look elegant and providing the sense of sophistication, there are quite a few variations to the neckline designing.

Garima Malhotra said...

I enjoyed your blog Thanks for sharing such an informative post. We are also providing the best services click on the below links to visit our website Social Media Marketing Company in Lajpat nagar

Briana said...

Grreat blog post

Anonymous said...

kobe shoes
supreme clothing
yeezy
off white shoes
supreme clothing
curry 8 shoes
jordan 1
adidas yeezy
off white shoes
off white shoes

Shannon Mackle said...

Really Work Fast,

Fast and reliable solution for Herpes Cure

I was cured from Herpes with herbal med..

Contact him for Relationship/marital problem,

He will give you the best..

robinsonbucler @gmail.....com